Create and format an email broadcast
Send bulk email broadcasts to sets of people in your contact database.
Create a segment
- Go to Contacts > Segments in the main toolbar
- Create a new segment and choose People
- Give the segment a name and add the conditions to determine who to include
- Click Create
Create a broadcast
- Go to Broadcasts in the main toolbar
- Create a new broadcast and choose to send it to a Segment
- Choose the segment you created
- Give you broadcast and subject line and introduction
Format your content
In order to make sure your email looks good on all size devices, it is best to keep things simple. Here are some specific guidelines.
- Use headings before each paragraph
- Keep paragraphs brief and easy to read
- Use lists, alignment, bold and italic for emphasis
- Add one or two images, full-width, in line with the text
- Use lines to demarcate different sections
- Insert links, pointing back to your website for further reading
- Style these links as buttons to help them stand out
- Lastly, insert special tokens such as First name to add personalised content (Learn more about tokens)
Once you have drafted your email click Save and Preview. You’ll see a preview of how your email will appear to your contacts. You can send a test to yourself if you want to see how it looks in your inbox. Note that personalisation tokens are not replaced in test emails. This only happens when you send the actual broadcast.