Create an event and take bookings
This article explains how to create an event listing and how to take online bookings for that event.
Create an event
You can create an event in three ways:
- Go to the public list of events on your website and click Create event.
- Go to Events in the admin toolbar, click Create new event.
- Use the + quick add button in the admin toolbar.
The event will be created in the published/draft state chosen and you will be directed to the public view of the event to add event information.
Create ticket types
Once you have created an event, you can take bookings by creating one or more ticket types. These tickets can be free or paid and can be booked online from the event listing on your website. This section explains how to create ticket types.
- Go to the Manage event page for the event in question.
- Click + Create ticket type.
Under the Settings tab, set the price, payment methods and allocation.
Choose what to display on the form that will collect information about each attendee. You may want to read up on the following:
A confirmation email is sent to each attendee. You can add your own custom message to this confirmation email.