Create an event and take bookings
This article explains how to create an event listing and how to take online bookings for that event.
Create an event listing
You can create an event listing in a few different ways:
- Go to the list of all events on your website and click create event.
- Go to Events > Future events and click create new event.
- Use the + option in the top right of the admin toolbar.
Create ticket types
Once you have created an event, you can take bookings by creating one or more types of ticket. These tickets can be free or paid and can be booked online from the event listing on your website. This section explains how to create ticket types.
- Go to the Manage event page for the event in question.
- Click Actions > Create ticket type or select an existing ticket type.
- Under the Settings tab, set the price, payment methods and allocation.
(Once the allotted amount of tickets are booked the ticket type will show as 'sold out'.)
- Under the Person fields tab, select the contact information you wish to collect.
(This information will be stored against the contact record.)
- Under the Booking questions tab, add the booking-specific questions you need to ask.
(Answers to these questions will be stored on the booking record.)
- Under the Confirmation email tab, add your own message to the confirmation email that is sent to the attendee.
- Save the new ticket type.
Until you set up up your Stripe account to receive payments, you can only create free ticket types.