Understand membership payments
This article explains:
- The different payment options available
- How new members can join and pay online
- How existing members can add a new payment method
- GoCardless is used to process payments via Direct Debit.
- Stripe is used to process payments via Credit or Debit card.
White Fuse also supports a method referred to as 'Manual'. This really just means 'any method of payment that is NOT processed via one of the above payment gateways'.
New members joining
When a new member joins via one of the built-in forms they will be offered the payment options that you have specified on the membership plan. If you permit multiple options they will be given a choice of how to pay.
Existing members adding a payment method
Existing members are typically imported with the 'Manual' payment method. Once imported you can invite them to set up a new payment method. Members can:
- Log in and go to the Membership tab to add a payment method for their subscription.
- Wait for their annual renewal reminder and follow the links included in the email.
Existing members changing between Direct Debit and Card
Connect the payment gateways
If you're getting started you'll need to integrate your White Fuse account with your Stripe and GoCardless accounts in order to take online payments.