Take online payments with Stripe and GoCardless
Take online payments via Card or Direct Debit for membership fees, event bookings and donations.
- Create an account here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Login to Stripe
- Login to White Fuse and go to Settings > Payments in the main toolbar
- Of the three payment options shown in White FuseSelect Stripe and then click Connect Stripe account.
- You will be taken to Stripe and asked to confirm the connection. Click Connect Stripe account.
- Create an account here: https://gocardless.com/merchants/new
- Login to GoCardless and go into the Developers section
- Go to Developers in the left-hand menu and find the Access Tokens section.
- Create a new access token with the name such as 'White Fuse' with Read-Write access
- Copy the live secret key that is provided
- Login to White Fuse, go to Settings > Payments in the main toolbar
- Select GoCardless, paste the live secret key and click Enable
Note: If you do not complete the set up of your GoCardless account you won't be able to take payment via Direct Debit. If a person tries to subscribe they will see the message A Direct Debit cannot be created at the moment. Go to your GoCardless account and follow their guidance on finishing your account setup.
Double check that you have set your access token to Read-Write, not the default Read-only.