Receive payments with Stripe and GoCardless
In order to take payments you'll need to set up an account with a supported payment processor and then connect this to your White Fuse account.
We currently support two providers: Stripe and GoCardless.
Used to process one-off payments
- Set up an account here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register.
- Login to Stripe, verify your account
- Put your Stripe account into live mode.
- In Stripe go to Developers > API keys and, within the Standard Keys section of the page, copy the live publishable key and live secret key.
- Login to White Fuse, go to Settings > Features in the admin menu and Activate the Stripe feature.
- Paste the live publishable key and live secret key.
Used to process recurring payments via Direct Debit
- Set up an account here: https://gocardless.com/merchants/new
- Login to GoCardless and go into the Developers section.
- Find the Access Tokens section and create a new access token with the name such as 'White Fuse' and with Read-write access.
- Copy the live secret key that is provided.
- Login to White Fuse, go to Settings > Features from the toolbar and Activate the GoCardless feature.
- Paste the live secret key.
Test your payment system
Once set up we recommend you test each system by making a live donation. You can then refund any payment made and delete the donation records in the database.