Take online payments with Stripe and GoCardless
Take online payments via Card or Direct Debit for membership fees, event bookings and donations.
- Create an account here: https://dashboard.stripe.com/register
- Login to Stripe
- Login to White Fuse and go to Settings > Payments in the main toolbar
- Of the three payment options shown in White FuseSelect Stripe and then click Connect Stripe account.
- You will be taken to Stripe and asked to confirm the connection. Click Connect Stripe account.
- If you don't have an account, create one here.
- Login to GoCardless and go into the Developers section
- Select Create > Access token
- Create a new access token with the name such as 'White Fuse' with Read-Write access. The key should look like this: live_FX_dNIrWJpd_Jcl_dZBeb3GHJKSwk7x2e6-BbYTB
- Copy the live secret key that is provided
- In White Fuse, go to Settings > Payments in the main toolbar
- Select GoCardless, paste the live secret key and click Enable
Note: If you do not complete the set up of your GoCardless account you won't be able to take payment via Direct Debit. If a person tries to subscribe they will see the message A Direct Debit cannot be created at the moment. Go to your GoCardless account and follow their guidance on finishing your account setup.