Allow manual payment on membership subscriptions
Most organisations make Direct Debit the default payment method for membership subscriptions but you can allow members to pay manually (by BACS, cheque, or other method).
Add manual payment as an option on subscription forms
If you want to allow new members to pay manually when they join you can enable this option on your subscription forms:
- Go to Settings > Membership plans and choose the membership plan you want to edit
- Check Enable public subscription form
- Check Allow payment by manual invoice
- Optionally, choose to Send email reminders 14 days before the renewal date in order to send payment instructions automatically
- Update the membership plan
Add manual payment instructions
- Go to Settings > Features > Memberships and click Edit
- Add manual payment instructions
- Update the membership feature settings
If you add payment instructions they will be included in email confirmations and renewal reminders. If you don't add custom payment instructions, members will simply be instructed to get in touch with you to arrange payment.
Manual payment for existing subscriptions
Irrespective of what is displayed on subscription forms, administrators can edit a membership subscription at any time and choose between the payment methods Direct Debit or Manual.