Invite members to set up a Direct Debit mandate
Encouraging your members to pay fees by Direct Debit will greatly reduce your admin and usually results in higher member retention as payments are collected automatically.
Invite a person
- Go to the person's contact record
- Scroll down to find the + Add Direct Debit mandate link
- If the person already has a mandate look for the Payment methods box, click the + icon and choose Direct Debit mandate
- Of the two options available choose Send invitation
The email invitation sent to the person will look like this:
Invite an organisation
The process for inviting an organisation is very similar.
- Go to the organisation contact record
- Scroll down and click Add Direct Debit mandate
- Choose Send invitation
Note: The email invitation will be sent to the designated key person to act on behalf of their organisation. You must have at least one person affiliated with the organisation and have them marked as a key person for this option to be available. The person must also have a valid email address on their contact record.
Completing the form
Once a person clicks the link in the email invitation they will be taken to a form like this:
Send a bulk invite
You can invite lots of people at once by using the Broadcasts feature and specially designed tokens.
- Create a new broadcast and add your content
- Place your cursor where you would like the Direct Debit button to appear
- Go to the Token icon in the text editor toolbar
- Choose the Direct Debit button
- Or, choose the Organisation Direct Debit button if you would like to invite people to act on behalf of their organisation.
The token in your email broadcast will be replaced with a personalised link for each recipient taking them to a personalised version of the form.
Automatic prompts to set up a Direct Debit
Members are automatically prompted to set up a Direct Debit (if they don't already have one) when they login to their My Account area. Members also receive a similar prompt as part of the renewal reminder emails.
What happens next?
Once a Direct Debit mandate has been created, future subscription fees will be taken by Direct Debit and payment for any unpaid invoices will be taken within the next week. For this reason, it is important to ensure that you reconcile any manual payments regularly to avoid duplicate payments.