Understand the subscription process
When a new member joins
When a new member joins online they:
- Complete an online joining form.
- Set up a recurring payment method.
- Create an account so they can log in and access member content.
- Receive a welcome email that you can customise with your own message.
Administrators receive a notification informing them of the new subscription and a contact record is created in the database with the subscription and invoice connected.
How are subscription fees paid?
|Direct Debit||Payment is collected automatically within the next 5 days.|
|Credit or Debit card||Payment is collected immediately.|
|Manual||An administrator will need to manually mark the invoice as paid.|
If approval is required
If the membership plan is set to require administrator approval the process is different.
- The member will complete the subscription form
- Administrators will be notified and have the chance to approve the subscription
- Once approved, a confirmation will be sent to the member to notify them and prompt them to make a payment if they haven't already set up a Direct Debit
- No money is taken while a subscription is pending approval