Troubleshoot membership subscription issues
Issues may arise with subscriptions that need your attention. Here's a summary of some of the common issues you may face and how to deal with them.
A member's subscription was allowed to expire. They had paid but the invoice had not been marked as paid before the subscription expired.
- Create a new subscription for the member and set the renewal date.
- Invite them to set up a Direct Debit for future payments.
- Consider increasing the length of your grace period.
Cancelled Direct Debit
A member has cancelled their Direct Debit. You may have been notified by GoCardless.
- Find out if it was intentional.
- If so, cancel the membership subscription as well.
- If not, invite them to set up a new Direct Debit mandate.
Expired bank card
A member's bank card has expired and their subscription fees cannot or have not been paid.
Wrong renewal date
The renewal date for a subscription appears to be wrong and will trigger an invoice at the incorrect time.
- Edit the subscription and change the renewal date.
- Note that if you move the renewal date to the past it can cause the subscription to immediately become overdue or expired.