Send your first email broadcast
For many administrators, the first email broadcast they send out is designed to achieve three things:
- Announce the launch of a new website / membership system
- Invite people to create a user account so they can log in
- Invite existing members to set up a Direct Debit
Create some segments
If this is your first broadcast you may wish to send a test to yourself of other administrators. You may also wish to send a pilot version of the email to a small number of contacts to check that the instructions are clear. Go to Contacts > Segments and create the following:
- A segment called Admins that only includes those with the account role Administrator.
- A segment called Pilot that only includes 5-10 well-known people.
- A segment called All members or whatever is appropriate. Remember to include on those with appropriate Communication preferences.
Create your broadcast
- Go to Broadcasts and draft your email. Preview and check the email.
- Send the email to your Admins segment and check it looks OK.
- Send the email to your Pilot segment and check all the recipients can follow the instructions.
- Send the email to your All members segment.
Example content for the email broadcast
We are delighted to announce that our new website is now live.
Create a new account
To access member content on the new website you will need to create a new account.
Please note that you MUST use this email address, the one we are writing to now. If you don't your account won't be connected with your membership. If you want to change your email address you can do this after you have logged in.
Check your membership details
Set up a Direct Debit
On your membership page you may notice an option to Set up a Direct Debit. This is the best way to pay your subscription fees on time. Click that link, or the one below to do this. It only takes a couple of minutes.