Add a video to the page body
Embedding video on your website
- Upload your video to either Youtube, Vimeo or another video hosting service.
- For Youtube/Vimeo all you need is the link to the video. For other provider's, or to specify the video player dimensions, you'll need to add the full Embed code. Your chosen video platform will have guidance on how to get the embed code. There's usually a share icon and one of the share options will be to Embed.
- Go to your website and edit the page onto which you want to add the video.
- Place the cursor on the content editor where you want to add the video and click the video icon on the toolbar.
- Add the Youtube/Vimeo link or the embed code and click Insert.
Moving a video
Once you have added a video you won't be able to move it using the rich text editor. To move a video up or down on your page you need to:
- Toggle the text editor into HTML mode.
- Cut the HTML code for the video (usually in an iFrame) and paste it into its new location.
Resizing a video
To resize a video you should resize the iframe in which the video is contained. Find the section of code that specifies the iframe's pixel dimensions. It will look something like this:
<iframe ... width="600" height="350"
Simply update the width and height values as needed.
Aligning a video
If a video has a specified width that is less than your page width you may want to align it to either the left or the right so that your text will wrap around the video. To do this you need to add align="right" to the start of the iFrame that your video sits in like this: